Immigration Advocates Scared By 99-Pound Blonde
By Ann Coulter
Third World immigration advocates Frank Sharry, Ali Noorani and Marc Andreessen aren’t shy about rushing to the press with pabulum quotes about how wonderful immigration is, but they don’t want to debate me, even to lie about all those benefits.
They don’t want you to think about immigration at all.
Although you will miss the lush analytical context of the full case made in my smash new book, “Adios, America: The Left’s Plan to Turn Our Country Into a Third World Hellhole,” here are some more startling facts from my book that the anti-American crowd doesn’t want you to know:
- If an illegal alien drops a baby on American soil, the entire family can access welfare programs that were supposed to be for U.S. citizens – in addition to the government assistance illegal aliens can collect right away, such as food stamps and housing subsidies, free medical care and free schooling.
- The Constitution did not make U.S. citizenship a game of “Red Rover” with the Border Patrol. Ha ha! Too late – I had the baby! The 14th Amendment confirmed the citizenship rights of former American slaves – not 21st-century freeloaders from China.
- Our ludicrous “anchor baby” policy was invented out of whole cloth by Justice William Brennan and slipped into a footnote in a Supreme Court opinion in 1982.
- On average, college graduates in the United States pay about $30,000 more in taxes each year than they get back in government services, while those without a high school degree get back about $35,000 more in government services than they pay in taxes.
- Only about 7 percent of Americans do not have a high school diploma, but more than a third of legal immigrants under the post-Kennedy immigration act and about 75 percent of illegal aliens do not have a high school diploma.
- Mexican immigrants send $20 billion back to Mexico every year – more than the U.S. sends to that country in direct foreign aid.
- The New York Times was saved from bankruptcy by one of the richest men in the world, Mexican Carlos Slim, whose fortune comes from illegal aliens’ sending money – most of it from the U.S. taxpayer – back to Mexico.
- Anything the Times says on immigration ought to be treated like a press release from a tobacco company about the low risk of disease from smoking.
- Contrary to repeated assertions that fences don’t work (by the Times, as well as a slew of Republicans, such as former Texas Gov. Rick Perry), after Israel completed a fence along its border in 2013, the number of illegal aliens entering the country dropped to zero.
- The country that put men on the moon can’t seem to build a wall like the one the Chinese built 700 years before Christ.
- Fully half of the fires on federal or tribal land investigated by the Government Accountability Office, where a cause could be determined, were set by illegal immigrants. (For suggesting as much, Sen. John McCain was denounced as a racist on MSNBC and in the Washington Post.)
- Illegal immigrants from Mexico planted a huge pot farm right in the middle of Sequoia National Forest, dumping pesticides and refuse within a few miles of the world’s tallest tree.
- The Sierra Club, which took a $100 million donation from hedge fund billionaire David Gelbaum to be pro-illegal immigration, never said a word about it. Nothing the Sierra Club says about immigration – or the environment – can be believed.
- The government refuses to say how many foreign-born residents have been sentenced to prison in America. There is no attempt to count naturalized citizens at all, or legal immigrants in state prisons. Even illegal immigrants are counted only if the states have requested reimbursement from the federal government for those inmates.
- Instead, the government issues reports with its wild guesses about the number of aliens who are imprisoned in America. The Department of Justice relies on immigrants’ self-reports. The GAO goes by Bureau of Prisons data. The U.S. census simply guesses the immigration status of inmates.
- In 2010, New York state prisons held more than 4,000 inmates from 10 Latin American and Caribbean nations, and fewer than 150 inmates from all of Western Europe (most of whom were probably Muslims).
- There are already more Hispanics than whites in two states, New Mexico and California, and Hispanics are the largest minority group in Arizona, Colorado, Connecticut, Florida, Idaho, Illinois, Iowa, Kansas, Massachusetts, Nebraska, Nevada, New Hampshire, New Jersey, New Mexico, New York, Oregon, Rhode Island, Texas, Utah, Washington and Wyoming.
How about letting these facts “come out of the shadows”?